"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, June 30, 2017

Flashback Friday - The Last of the Slanted View

Hello friends!
This was an extremely short week mainly because I was sick for the first half of it! LOL!
But this is the LAST day of June already!  Where does time go...I can never catch enough hours in a day let alone hang onto a month long enough!

So here we are with the last of the Flashback Friday June creations as well.
Here are three more creations from my June month last year as a SCS Dirty Dozen DT member:
To see the original SCS upload for this card - CLICK HERE (fan club members only)

OK, so you know that I had to get a spinner card in here for the slanted theme!  I mentioned in my upload that the entire time I was making this card, I had the movie "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks going through my mind as this poor penguin was loosing his ball.  "Wilson!"  (For those of you that have seen the movie and know what I'm talking about!  LOL!)

I used some distress inks to create the sunset in the background and used a favorite stamp set of mine from My Favorite Things called Penguins in Paradise.  I've colored everything with Copic markers, but I used some papers from my stash to paper piece the penguin's inner tube.  The sentiment above the penguins head was heat embossed with white EP.    At the time, I didn't have any of those slider dies and everyone just started coming out with them I believe around that time...but I've used a punch to create my slider channel here.  I used various different border dies that I had and then just accented the waves with a glitter and white gel pens.  Fun card to make!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my second card I guess I loved the idea of slanted waves...
To see the original SCS upload for this card - CLICK HERE (fan club members only)

The slanted rainbow waves in the background make this boat look like it's in trouble and throwing out their anchor may not really help much!  LOL!  I have made a couple of these fun multi-colored patterns using a handmade stencil and border dies.  I even made a video on one that I did a while back as I had many people asking me to do a video on it.  If you'd like to revisit how I created this look or haven't seen it yet, please check out the link to my You Tube video here:  CLICK HERE

For the images, I have used this adorable Lawn Fawn Float my Boat stamp set.  I have used some silver thread to tie onto the anchor and heat embossed the sentiment with white EP.  The stitched lines in the background are also at a slant and they are the Hand Stitched Border dies from Whimsy Stamps.  The image panel was layered onto a silver foil card stock and the anchor was stamped with a silver metallic ink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but certainly not least, I have a very complicated interactive desgin:
To see the original SCS upload of this card - CLICK HERE (fan club members only)

I had never really heard of this style of card before this challenge, but it is called the "Concertina Fold Card" and you can see the tutorial on how to make one for yourself - CLICK HERE!
As you can see, the flowers continue to cascade along the edges of the card design.  I have used a couple of MFT dies to help me achieve this look and I have to say that it took me quite a while to glue and attach all of the flowers and get them arranged on this design.  My favorite color is purple, so I thought it would be pretty to add all of these flowers in purple colors!

The base of the card was stamped with a Wood-grain background stamp by Stampin' Up!  I used my Cricut machine to cut out a "trellis" design for the back of my card as I thought it needed a little extra at the top instead of just being straight across.  All of the flower dies, pot at the bottom and butterfly came from My Favorite Things.  I've used the Flutter of Butterflies Lace dies and the other dies I've used I believe are no longer available from the store.

So anyway, when you pull on the front of the basket of flowers, the card opens up with flowers cascasing along each side of the edge!  And it closes to lay flat best of all.  Really loved how this one turned out!

I hope you've enjoyed all of my creations for the June Flashback Friday month!
I will be back next Friday to start my flashbacks for the July theme...so stay tuned in!!

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

(I will not enter these creations for any challenges as they were previously made.)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


31 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Those are all fantastic! Fun to see different interpretations of slanted. I l Ike them all but the penguin is so cute, he steals the show.

Fiki said...

those cards are so very pretty!

Donna Ellis said...

Well, you certainly have been busy, Vicki! Each one of your Flashback Friday creations is INCREDIBLE! Lots of inking in your first sweet card - I don't know how you come up with your designs, as they are ALWAYS complex, yet look so natural, that they are darling and appear to be simple. Love the white foaminess in the waves with the use of a white pen, and the inky details to provide color and depth! SWEET (can I say it yet again? SWEET!)

Pure genius in your 2nd creation with the colorful, swooping, flowing waves of color! Brilliant for man or woman, or even child! Again, the color highlight at the horizon, and deepening into the upper atmosphere, providing that depth. It's a great all occasion card.

Your concertina fold is amazing! I've not seen one like this, and with all the flowers spilling over at various heights, you've achieved that amazing dimension and depth again.

Thanks for the treat of your artwork, and the inspiration, this morning, Vicki!
hugs,
de

Margreet said...

Gorgeous creations Vicki...that penguin is too cute with the paperpieced tube...and the scene you have created is so great...love the sunset and the waves.
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Vicki, I do love the penguin card and love scene you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nana Connie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Vicki, all three of them! I also want to thank you for sharing your sweet fur baby with us over at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. We appreciate your support more than you can imagine. :-D

Patti said...

Wow Vicki these cards are simply remarkable!! I love each perfect detail and the way you interpreted these challenges.

Thanks a bunch for the tutorial link on the Concertina Fold Card I have never seen one of these either and will have to check it out : )

Have a great weekend!

Patti

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, hope you are on the road to recovery now. These are excellent cards, I remember seeing them the first time round and they are still as impressive, especially the pretty flowers xx

Carol L said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful cards and tutorials! I just love that nautical card, especially the background stitching! Everything is amazing and since I'm not a fan club member, I've never seen them before, so this was a gift :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a delight. That penguin is so cute and adorable and love the spinner card idea. Fun second card and lets hope that throwing out the anchor helped. What a pretty third project, complicated design and so very effective. Such a show stopper. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous projects and have a lovely weekend too x Yes all the projects are new to me too x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awwwww, that penguin card is the cutest!!!! He looks so sad, that the ball rolled way from him... your slanted waves look fabulous!

Aileen Ryan said...

Three more beautiful cards and I love how you did the waves for the boat die, great way to build a scene, must try that idea. Nothing beats an interactive card with a penguin. Such a wonderful collection Vicki,

Debra K. said...

Another stunning collection of cards Vicki! Love all of these too :). The last one looks absolutely splendid with the woodgrain and all the gorgeous flowers. The first is a really cute interactive card with fabulous colouring. I'm popping over to YouTube to see how you created those wonderful waves for your second card. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, what a fab display Vicki, love them all and thanks for the link.xx [aNNie]

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Vicki, you've been busy. These are so stunning and such attention to details! I have my eyes on the last card. Think of giving this style a try. WOW! I hope you are feeling much better and that you'll have a beautiful weekend. Take care.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great projects, Vicki. Thanks for showing off that cute pic of your sweet Mocca at the mid-month post at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
hugs,
Teresa

Lori Kobular said...

So many adorable and fun projects! You make such beautiful cards! I love coming to your blog to see your creations! You are so creative!

Davi said...

Vicki you first two cards are totally delightful! The third is a wowza for sure, you did an amazing job on It!

Pia S said...

You're so good at using your inks and making fabulous scenes and color combos. The penguin card looks striking, such a fab summer design. And I very much like the color coordination of the waves for the boat card. And the flower design is unique and beautiful.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Another beautiful cards about the sea :-). All these marine layers are fantastic !! Beautiful inspirations!
Hugs,
BozenA

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, three amazing cards!! Such a cute scene on your first card, I LOVE the waves on your second card and OMGosh what a stunning flower pot card, I love the fold too! I hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Hugs, Tammy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Greetings, Vicki. I am so glad you stopped by my blog. It was great to be able to return the favor. I hope to see your ICADs and also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, too. You make fantastic art and cards. I was really taken by the cup of coffee you turned into a very clever card. It spoke to me!

You make some really clever and unusual cards. That Concertina Fold Card is out of this world. It must have taken days and days to create it. I also like your triple stamping card, especially since I have never seen anything like that before. I may have to try something like that one of these days. I have to admit, you are quite inspiring and I look forward to visiting again quite soon.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your cards are so unique Vicki! Perfection!Stunning!
I am happy to hear that you will join Art Journal Joureny this month again! Lookinf forward to seeing with what you will come up!
Happy rest of your week!
oxo Susi

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute penguin card! He made me smile

JD/ Jill said...

Hope you are feeling better!

All three of your cards are amazing! So very well done...
And yes, I remember "Wilson" from the Tom Hanks movie...

I cut out a concertina card ages ago and never completed it...You have inspired me to give it another go... Thanks for the link.

I like the idea of Flashback Friday! Maybe I should try that...It might help to give me inspiration to get back to crafting more again...

I use to do a Friday favorite post every Friday when I first started blogging and had more enthusiasm for being on the net than I do now...

Hope you have a great week...

Jerrie said...

All three of your cards are fantastic! Today I think I could jump in the pool and chase that spinning beach ball! Your cascading flower card is beautiful!

Sue said...

WOW, Vicki has been busy. What beautiful cards all. Love the background on the first one and of course the little penguin stole my heart.
The second card is awesome. Love the waves and the anchor and sentiment are wonderful too.
And the last card, what an amazing design, so intricate and beautiful.
Nice to see you back stamping, missed you.

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki you are so talented and I adore these creations.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, love them all x

Donna said...

What an amazing collection of cards Vicki, all so fun and with amazing elements to them! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are all so fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...